But in all seriousness, I thought and thought. And then, it hit me...I am a Boho Mama. What is a Boho Mama? Well, when I think of a Boho Mama, I think of a woman who is doing it all. She is the Mom on the Go that is either working or stays at home. She is someone who is real and has no filter because she is free and doesn't have the time to give AF. She is earthy, she is natural and she is whoever she wants to be. She is every woman...RIP Whitney...gotta love her.
She is ‘bohemian’ which in literal terms means, according to good ol’ google...
- of or relating to Bohemia or its people. (Which does not pertain to me, I am not from Bohemia, apparently which is located in the Czech Republic?)
- having informal and unconventional social habits. (Absolutely hands down, yes...yes...this is definitely me)
- Somebody who leads an alternative lifestyle, they are not hippies because they can have an extremely wide range of different tastes in music, fashion, art, literature etc they are usually very creative people. (DING DING DING)
- They are above all optimists, even if they can be very cynical too (it does make sense...sort of).
- They like wearing a mixture of weird clothes and mix different fashions together just for the heck of it.
- They like weed. (I LAUGH OUT LOUD, although sometimes I consider smoking it to keep me sane #momlife)
- Generally very laid back and relaxed.
So there I was, laughing my butt off at the definitions of 'bohemian’ and with my pen to my paper and then came...Boho Mama. I knew right then and there that this could become something. For those that do not know me, I am very much an optimistic person. I am an Aries, I am a go getter and I don’t have any other thoughts than what I have at that moment and at that very moment it just sounded right to me. I am a fast thinker and I want things done right away. Not in 10 minutes, now!
I started to picture a Boho Mama movement. Where we all could stand together and unite as one. (I know now you are thinking I am crazy) Kinda like Lilith Fair minus the hairy armpits and lack of deodorant, but still that movement. But seriously, why couldn’t I come up with this motto. Live by no rules and help other women embrace the Boho Mama lifestyle. So I did…
I swear I may have been a major hippie in my past life. I mean, I was born in 1982 and grew up with 90’s era music like Coolio and Alanis Morissette, but I definitely think I could have been some bell-bottomed, long haired 60’s hippie when that era existed in time. I think that all of us women, need to take a good look in the mirror and tell ourselves that we are who we are and we need to embrace it. All of us for all that we are. Live up to the ‘informal and unconventional social habits’, live outside of the “norm” and be who you are and be true to that person you see in the mirror. Because at the end of the day, we can only love ourselves the way we want others to love unto us.
Boho Mama is a way of life. Join in this revolution with me...it starts with us and it starts now. This is my blog post #2 and I am a Boho Mama...
Calling All Boho Mamas! Send me or tag your Boho Mama picture to get featured on my blog! All featured contestants will have a chance to get entered to win a Boho Mama Sweatshirt perfect for Winter! So tag away and post on social media to share your Boho Mama look! Use #bohomama, tag @ronniemjewelry or email me your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contestants must be wearing the Boho Mama shirt as well as entered into the drawing by Midnight PST, 10/31/2016. So what are you waiting for? Enter now!
Shop the Layered by Ronnie M link for more info on Boho Mama apparel.
Leave comments and let me know what you think below. (Insert kissy emoji here)
Photo Credit: Tanya J Photography, Follow @tanyajphotography on Instagram today, now booking Fall/Winter sessions.
Location: Mission Inn Ave. Riverside, CA
Long Sleeved, Bamboo Boho Mama Shirt available in the shop.